1 cup all purpose un-bleached flour
1 tsp coarse salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 jar of your favourite jam or jelly (I used strawberry)
1. Preheat your oven to 375F.
2. Sift the flour, salt and baking soda together.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir together until smooth. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
5. Using your hands, quickly form 1-inch balls then place on a baking tray (don't over manipulate them). Bake for 5 minutes.
6. Gently push each cookie down with the back of a small spoon (I use a teaspoon), flattening it and forming a small depression in the center. Fill the center with a small spoonful of your favourite jelly.
7. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes or so.